You must have heard about sperm count and what it is all about. But you might not know how to test your sperm count, which is the first step to a healthy sexual life. There are many sperm count tests you can take to see how healthy your sperm is and in this post I am going to show you how you can test your sperm count to make sure everything is a-okay down there.
What is a sperm count test?
Sperm count test, which is part of the semen analysis evaluates certain characteristics of a male’s semen and the sperm contained in it. It is done to help evaluate male fertility, whether for those seeking pregnancy or checking out the success of their vasectomy.
Sperm count refers to the number of sperm that are present in 1 ml of semen.
World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines suggest that a normal sperm count is at least 15 million per ml or no fewer than 39 million sperm per sample. (1)
Why go for a sperm count test?
A sperm count test is usually recommended when couples are having problems getting pregnant. The test will help a doctor determine if a person is infertile. The analysis also will help determine if low sperm count or sperm dysfunction is the reason behind infertility.
When doing a semen analysis, three major factors are measured to check for the health of the sperm:
1. Sperm motility, which is the movement of the sperm
2. The quantity of the sperm produced
3. Sperm morphology, which is the shape of the sperm
Why is sperm count important?
If you’re trying to conceive naturally, a healthy sperm count is definitely necessary. albeit it only takes one sperm and one egg to cause pregnancy, more healthy sperm will increase your chances of pregnancy monthly .
Even if you are not trying to conceive, your sperm count could also be a crucial measure of your overall health.
For these reasons, if you’re diagnosed with a low sperm count, your medical doctor might want to gauge your testosterone levels, lifestyle, and overall health.
If you want to go for a sperm count test, you will have to prepare adequately for it…
How do you prepare for a sperm count test?
Your doctor will normally tell you to know what you ought to do in preparation for the semen analysis. And it’s vital you follow these instructions for accurate results:
- Do not ejaculate for 24 to 72 hours before you go for the test- in other words, keep it in your pants.
- Don’t consume alcohol, caffeine, and drugs like cocaine and marijuana two to five days before the test.
- Avoid taking any hormone medications
If you are taking any medications, discuss it with your doctor.
How is it conducted?
There are some ways you can collect your semen to give to your doctor for the sperm count test.
- Masturbation: This is usually the best and most preferred way to do this
- sex with a condom
- sex with withdrawal before ejaculation
- ejaculation stimulated by electricity
Use whichever way is best for you.
How to get the best sample
Two main factors are crucial to having the best testing sample. First, the semen must be kept at body temperature. If it gets too warm or too cold, the results are going to be inaccurate. Second, the semen must be delivered to the testing facility within 30 minutes to hours of leaving the body.
You will have to take good care of this sample you have collected and make sure there is no interference between the time of collection of the sample and the moment you hand it over to your doctor.
Some things that can go wrong and tamper with the sample are:
- The semen coming in contact with spermicide – Spermicide is a substance that is used to kill sperm in order to prevent pregnancy.
- Taking the test when you are not in the best shape possible – If you are stressed out or ill, that is not the best time to do this test. You should be very well before you can do the sperm count test to get the most accurate result possible.
- Mistake of the lab technician: This is not your fault and no matter how hard you try to make sure the semen is not tampered with, there’s still a possibility that the lab technician can make a mistake and mess with the sample, thereby producing inaccurate results.
Testing your sperm count at home – is it possible?
You can test your sperm count at home and fortunately, it is the only part of a semen analysis that can be tested at home.
There are some fertility home sperm count kits you can use
The sperm count during a normal semen analysis should be between 20 million to over 200 million. This result is also referred to as sperm density. If this number is low, conceiving is oftentimes a bit harder .
What is a normal sperm count?
A normal sperm count ranges from 15 million sperm to quite 200 million sperm per milliliter (mL) of semen. Anything but 15 million sperm per milliliter, or 39 million sperm per ejaculate, is taken into account as low. A low sperm count is usually mentioned as oligospermia. A high, or above average, sperm count is over 200 million sperm per millimeter.
What if your sperm count result comes in and it is low……
Are there treatments for low sperm count?
Yes, there are treatments for low sperm count.
Low sperm count can be caused by some of these factors below:
- Past surgeries
- Bacterial infection
- General health
- Sexually transmitted diseases
But you can treat low sperm count through one of these…
- Surgery: If you have a varicocele or obstructed vas deferens, it could be recommended you go for surgery.
- Antibiotics: If the reason for your low sperm count is a bacterial infection, your doctor may prescribe some antibiotics for you.
How can you improve your sperm count?
You can improve your sperm count by using a simple, natural and super effective supplement called spermboost.
SpermBoost is a natural formulation of traditional herbs with empirical evidence for hundreds of years but now scientifically proven.
The formulation is known to enhance several parameters of your sperm health including increasing your sperm count by 300%; these herbs also reduce morphological damage.
What are the advantages of using SpermBoost?
When Spermboost starts to correct your low sperm count, these are number of the advantages you will notice…
- It improves the speed and agility of your sperm
- Your sperm will now be thick and healthy
- When you do another sperm count test, you will notice the difference in the result you get
- The sex will be awesome
- You will last more in bed
- You will be ready to impregnate your wife
- Your stamina in bed will improve drastically
- And many more…
This might just sound like me bragging about this product….
But don’t take my word for it…
Take a look at some of the testimonial by happy and satisfied customers of spermboost:
“To all readers, save yourself the stress of trying or searching for other sperm boosters, this supplement is the boss. It works great. I have tried all sperm booster products, none worked for me, my wife and i were actually saving up for ivf when i stumbled on this product without searching(.a miracle). Within two months of usage, my wife conceived” – ABDULRAHMAN
“I was diagnosed with low motility, the doctors gave us several very expensive options on how to help us conceive. I couldn’t go through that route because of the expenses involved. So I did what I always do! Find a low cost solution. I did online research to find natural products that boost sperm. I saw so many options but my mind was fixed on this, i guess the reviews helped too. I was diligent in my usage and I was patient. Now what I need is everyone who has low sperm count or low motility to know that technically it takes some days for healthy sperm to be created. So it won’t happen overnight but at the end, it worked!” – SAHEED
These are just some of the testimonials by people who have bought this product.
If you want one of these, follow the instructions below:
It’s easy to get one of these…
You can see that sperm count is very important in fertility and being able to impregnate your wife. You have seen why it is important to do a sperm count test and how well to conduct the test to make sure nothing tampers with the sample.
Also, you have seen how you can treat your low sperm count in case you happen to have a low sperm count.
Using spermboost will definitely cure your low sperm count and give you the virility of a horny teenager.
Try spermboost now and see the result for yourself.
Before we go,
Here are some other benefits of using SpermBoost supplement….
- You walk around like a dad
- No more pity stares from friends and family
- Have the family you have dreamed of
- And many other lovely benefits that comes from having your own child
So what are you waiting for?
Go and get yourself one of these here and become a proud father.